It’s hard to believe it, but 2024 is just around the corner. As we wrap up the year here at TEIBAS, we like to reflect on end of 2023 and the beginning of 2024. The new year is a time for reflection and planning for your future. It’s an opportunity to celebrate successes, think about creating good habits, and setting new goals. Whether your goals are related to financial wellness, healthy living, making more time for family, friends, community, or work, if you write your goals down, you’re more likely to start them.
For some, the new year brings about a sense of closure. It allows us to tie up loose ends and complete unfinished tasks. TEIBAS Tip: wrap up your 2023 with our TEIBAS End of Year Checklist. Take the time to check things off your list now, so you can enjoy the holidays and enter the new year with a fresh start.
- Keep up with TEIBAS, check your contact info, beneficiaries and dependents listed on myteibas.com, and update us if necessary.
- Submit any outstanding benefit claims to Canada Life.
- Review your Quarterly Contribution Statements and Annual Pension Statement on myteibas.com.
- Remember to check your RRSP contributions and contribution room to make sure you don’t over contribute. Check your CRA Notice of Assessment 2022 for your 2023 RRSP room.
- Sign up for an upcoming TEIBAS Webinar.
- Audit or start your retirement plan. Reach out to TEIBAS if you have any questions.
- Check or plan your monthly budget. Make sure you have an emergency fund to cover between 3 and 6 months of expenses.
- Write down 3-5 personal goals you have for yourself for 2024. Team up with a friend or family member to help keep you accountable.
- Review your auto and home insurance and shop around to get the best rates. Ensure to check whether your auto insurance will pay enough for you to live on if you’re in a motor vehicle accident, and can’t work due to a related injury.
- Download the Canada Life, Manulife Travel Aid, Telus Health, and Teladoc apps, as well as your digital drug card on your smart phone.
Questions? We’re here to help! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416-637-6789, (toll free 1-800-267-0602).