You might be surprised to learn that your IBEW Local 353 Pension Plan can become one of the most v
Here at TEIBAS we like to say it’s never to early to plan for retirement, but it can be difficult to know where to start. As a member of the IBEW Local 353 you have access to a variety of services and information to help you plan for your retirement.
Use this checklist in helping to put your retirement goals in check:
- Log onto www.myteibas.com to review your IBEW Local 353 Annual Pension Statement, and your Pension Plan Booklet.
- Learn about how your IBEW Local 353 Pension Plan works by watching this short video. Your pension can become one of the most valuable assets you will ever have, and it’s for life.
- Use the TEIBAS Pension Estimator on myteibas.com to estimate your pension amount at the date you’d like to retire.
- Contact Canada Life Group Retirement Services at 1-800-724-3402 for details on drawing down from your RRSP in retirement.
- Know your benefit plan. Understand how your benefits will work when you decide to fully retire.
- Contact the Union office regarding the rules around applying for your IBEW International Pension (IO).
- Log into Telus Health (formerly LifeWorks) and check out their resources on retirement and retirement planning.
- Visit your My Service Canada Account at www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/my-account.html. This site provides convenient and secure access to view your Canada Pension Plan (CPP), and Old Age Security (OAS) information online.
- Choose a financial advisor to help you plan for your retirement. Don’t know where to start? Check out the Government of Canada’s website to find tips on choosing the right financial advisor for you.
Ready to retire?
Contact TEIBAS at 416-637-6789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request your personalized Pension Retirement Option Package. Download this helpful retirement checklist here. Use the TEIBAS Pension Estimator to estimate your pension amount at the date you’d like to retire. For more information on your pension plan, review your pension booklet on myteibas.com. And remember — we’re here to help!